Mingsha Mountain and Crescent Moon Spring
What to visit & When is the best time to visit?
Mingsha Mountain and Crescent Moon Spring Mingsha Mountain-Crescent Spring is the imprtant tourist attractions in Dunhuang. Here you can climb the Mingsha Mountain, overlook the Crescent Spring, and enjoy the desert sunset on the top of the mountain, feeling the desolate vastness of the Northwest desert.
The massif of Mingsha Mountain is composed of drifting sand. From a distance, the sand dunes rise and fall, which is magnificent. In the afternoon is the best time to visit the scenic spot, because at this time you can avoid the heat in the desert at noon, and climb to the sand sea at the top of the mountain and the crescent spring at the bottom of the mountain when the sun sets.
After entering the scenic spot, tourists can rent sand proof shoes and sleeves beside Mingyue Square according to their own needs. There is also a battery car near the square. It goes to Tieyubei Park (near Crescent Spring) in the scenic area. It costs about 10 yuan per trip and takes 5 minutes.
Visitors can climb up Mt. Mingsha directly. After enjoying the scenery, they choose to slide down the hill. When they slide down from the top of the hill, they will hear the sound of thumping, like drums and gongs. It is frightening and exciting. Mt. Mingsha is named for it.
The entertainment projects:
The scenic spot have many entertainment projects such as camel riding, sand skiing, grass skiing, desert motorcycle, archery, helicopter tours, however the camel riding and sand skiing are quite popular among tourists.
Taxis are available from scenic spots back to Dunhuang city, the price is between 20 and 25 Yuan.
Ticket selling time in scenic spots is from 6.00 to 19.30.
Ticket selling time: 6.00 to 19.30.
Scenic spot ticket price: 120 yuan per person
Group Ticket: Large Team Reservation One Day in advance, Tour Guide of Travel Agency Handles Related Preferential Procedures in advance, Reservation Telephone: 0937-8883388
Duunhuang Travel Tips:
1. There are two best angles, of course, if you would like to appreciate or photograph the Crescent Spring: one is to climb the top of the sand hill and overlook the Crescent Spring; the other is to look at the Crescent Spring from a close distance.
2. When you climbing a sandy mountain, please follow the instructions of the scenic area and carry out activities within the scope of the mountain climbing prescribed by the scenic area. Do not play "adventure" outside the area alone, so as not to endanger your own safety.
3. When riding a camel, you should obey the arrangement of the camel driver or tour guide, do not feed or tease the camel at will to prevent accidents. And do not approach the back foot or head of the camel to prevent it from kicking you and spraying you with its mouth.
4. During the Golden Week and the "Sand Skating Festival" in June, the number of tourists here will increase sharply, so it is suggested that tourists stagger the peak period.
5. The sun radiation and ultraviolet radiation are quite strong here, so the tourists are suggested to take some anti-ultraviolet clothing or sunscreen and so on.
6. Every July to August is the hottest time in Dunhuang, during which the Mingsha Mountain will be scorched by the sun, try to avoid travel at this time.
7. Mingsha Mountain Crescent Moon Spring Scenic Spot can be visited twice free of charge on the ticket day since April 2015. Please enter your fingerprints and keep the tickets at the same time when checking tickets. This policy is limited to the same day.