Gansu is located in the junction of East Asia and Central Asia. It is a crucial area leading to the western region in the hinterland of the Middle East. It is also the first area for China to open to the outside world with a mixture of ancient Chinese civilization and ancient Indian civilization.
Gansu is the prime and hinge area of the ancient Silk Road. It is also the most concentrated and highest quality cultural relic area, with rich cultural relics and historic sites. There are two World Cultural Heritages: Mogao Grottoes in Dunhuang and Maiji Mountain in Tianshui.
Gansu also has a number of beautifully shaped and highly artistic temples. For example: the Great Buddha Temple in Zhangye, the royal temple in Xixia, the Kongtong mountain, and the West King's palace in Jingchuan.
- Silk Road Travel from Malaysia
- Silk Road Tour for Senior Citizen
- Essence of Spring-Apricot Blossom F...
- Qinghai Route of Silk Road
- The Silk Road Beef Noodles
- Silk Road Private Tour
- Dunhuang Specialities
- Silk Road Travel: Following the ste...
- Silk Road Travel from Kashgar to Pa...
- How to Plan Your Silk Road Tour