Silk Road Travel to South Xinjiang
On the second day we arrived in Kashgar, we went directly to the ancient city of Kashgar. This is also one of the most famous scenic spots in the area, and it is a national AAAAA-level scenic spot. The ancient city covers an area of about 20 square kilometers. It is said that in ancient times, it was regarded as the capital of the ancient country Shule, and it was renamed Panzhi City, the predecessor of the Shule City in the Western Han Dynasty. According to the textual research in recent years, Pangu Site is the ancient city of Eskesa in the southeast suburb of Kashgar City. It is located on the high port of the junction of the Kizil River and the Turman River. Geographically, this speculation is very likely, but it still needs further confirmation, "Shule State..." Wang Zhi Shule city. There is a list of cities ("Hanshu. Biography of Western Regions"). This is Zhang Qian's earliest written record of the ancient city of Kashgar more than 2100 years ago. The formation of Shule (today's Kashgar) will undoubtedly be one or two hundred years ahead of schedule. As for the estimation of the city's location and area in historical books, there is no reference at present.
After a short walk out of the city, many tourists and locals were walking in the same direction. Among them are those driving donkey carts, cattle and sheep, those carrying burdens, foreigners, more Uygur people, and Han tourists like us. I guess in nine out of ten these people also went to drive East Bazaar. Because of the dense traffic, the speed of the convoy has also dropped from 30 kilometers per hour to about 5 kilometers, and finally it can not move forward at all. Stop by the roadside and join the march on foot.
Urumqi (Lianhuo Expressway, Tugao Expressway) - 750 km - Kuqa County (S210) - 65 km - Shaya County (S210) - 590 km - Hetian (G315) - 510 km - Kashgar City
1. From Urumqi to Kuqa, it is necessary to cross Tielimaidedaban, Tianshan, at an altitude of 3,400 meters, and through the longest highway tunnel in Xinjiang, which is 2,000 meters.
2. From Shaya to Hetian, the road condition of desert highway is good, but with limited speed of 100 km/h, please do not exceed the speed limit.
3. There are few gas stations along the Shaya-Hetian line. Fill up before you go. There are more gas stations in other sections.
4. The road from Hetian to Kashgar is relatively good. Although the road is not wide, it is a second-class highway. When driving, more attention should be paid to avoiding pedestrians and livestock cars.
5. In Kuche, Shaya, Hetian and other places, the city's animal-powered bicycles and motor vehicles intermingle. Some local people also turn a blind eye to traffic lights. Car users should pay more attention to them.
6. In dry season, the Tarim Basin in southern Silk road Xinjiang is windy and sandy. In case of windy and sandy weather, don't rush to the road in order to be safe.
- Silk Road Travel from Malaysia
- Silk Road Tour for Senior Citizen
- Essence of Spring-Apricot Blossom F...
- Qinghai Route of Silk Road
- The Silk Road Beef Noodles
- Silk Road Private Tour
- Dunhuang Specialities
- Silk Road Travel: Following the ste...
- Silk Road Travel from Kashgar to Pa...
- How to Plan Your Silk Road Tour