The Views of International Leaders On ＂The Belt and Road＂
- Antonio Guterres, United Nations Secretary-General:
So I’m expecting to participate in the discussion to see how we can extract the maximum possible value of the Belt and Road Initiative for global inclusive and sustainable development.
Multilateralism is the solution to global problems. And China has been a strong pillar of multilateralism. When we look at BRI, we see a very important contribution to this solidarity in addressing global problems with international cooperation, where China plays a very central role. So I’m very happy to have the chance to participate in this Belt and Road summit.
We need an initiative of international solidarity to make people believe there’s better globalization, to make people believe there’s free trade that can benefit people overall, to make people believe that it’s possible to not leave anyone behind, and so discussions like the BRI are extremely useful.
- Milos Zeman, president of the Czech Republic:
Opening more air routes will improve people-to-people exchanges between China and the Czech Republic, while cooperation in the rail sector will involve greater transportation of freight.
- Prokopis Pavlopoulos, president of Greece:
- Alexander Lukashenko, president of the Republic of Belarus:
The most important feature of the Belt and Road is that during its development, China has never raised any requirements to participating countries, thus creating no disagreements.
Once we don't have any disagreements, we will have better and smoother cooperation. China knows this very much, therefore I have to say Chinese is a wise people.
- Lars Loekke Rasmussen, prime minister of Denmark:
I hope the Belt and Road Initiative could provide economic stability and development for Central and South Asia –gateways between East Asia and Europe. This will be crucial for trade between the two biggest concentrations of economic power.
- Maleeha Lodhi, Pakistan's permanent representative to the United Nations:
The Belt and Road projects will benefit the people of Pakistan directly because Chinese investments will go to areas critical to Pakistan's infrastructure.
So really, this project is about the economic welfare of the Pakistan people, on mutually beneficial terms, because China gains, Pakistan gains - it's a win-win.
- Tarek Kabil, Trade and Industry minister of Egypt:
I believe that the B&R Initiative is great and China can surely make it a success. In order to ensure the success of the initiative, there should be agreement and coordination among all B&R states to complete the relevant infrastructures and also the initiative should provide win-win situations and mutual interests for all related parties.
- Penny Wong, the Australian Opposition's foreign affairs spokesperson:
China's Belt and Road Initiative provides valuable opportunities for bilateral and multilateral cooperation. These have to be realized case by case to ensure mutual benefits are delivered. Buzzwords such as agility and innovation are meaningless unless we put substance behind them.
The Belt and Road Initiative brings exciting opportunities for Australian businesses, and the government should not hesitate embracing the initiative as it did with the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- Lattanamany Khounnyvong, vice minister of public works and transport of Laos:
The China-Laos railway which commenced construction on Dec. 25, 2016, has been listed as the most important project in the Eighth National Socio-Economic Development Plan 2016-2020 of Laos.
Once completed, the railway will help facilitate people-to-people exchanges, reduce traveling time and costs ... the railway will also help promote agricultural production in Laos, increase income, attract more foreign investment and provide more employment opportunities.
- Berhane Gebre-Christos, special envoy of the Ethiopian prime minister:
- Silk Road Travel from Australia
- Silk Road Travel from Malaysia
- Silk Road Tour for Senior Citizen
- Essence of Spring-Apricot Blossom F...
- Qinghai Route of Silk Road
- The Silk Road Beef Noodles
- Silk Road Private Tour
- Dunhuang Specialities
- Silk Road Travel: Following the ste...
- Silk Road Travel from Kashgar to Pa...